Auckland Heritage Festival 2021
Festival dates: 2 October - 17 October 2021
Auckland Heritage Festival invites you to submit an event for the 2021 festival.
This submission form will take around 30 minutes to complete. You can click save and come back to your submission later so long as you use the same computer/device.
After you submit this form we will send you an email to tell you that your submission is complete. If you don't get an email, we may not have received your submission. Contact us at email@example.com if you are not sure.
Submissions close at 5pm on Sunday 25th April 2021.
Festival themes and criteria
The aim of the festival is to show how our heritage has shaped the character of Auckland’s people, places and landscapes. Each year we have a theme to help build the festival and provide new content for our attendees.
This year’s theme is: Topography, taonga and trailblazers of Tāmaki Makaurau
2-17 October 2021
Learn about Auckland’s rich heritage – from our natural landscape and historic architecture, through incredible treasures, to stories of our trailblazing people; all of which have made Tāmaki Makaurau the desire of many.
We’re looking for:
- original stories about our people, places, landscape and pioneering spirit; the unique Auckland our mana whenua found when they voyaged here
- picture opportunities – something tangible for media to film / photograph
- interesting storytellers, eccentric characters, vibrant personalities
- events that bring the colour and sparkle of our past to life - the more curious, intriguing and unlikely, the better!
In addition to the festival theme, events are also encouraged to align with these main areas:
- Learning and encouragement: Events designed to up-skill and inform the local community and to encourage greater understanding of our heritage through workshops and lectures.
- Celebrating our heritage: Events that celebrate Auckland’s distinct built, cultural and natural heritage.
- Children and young people: Events suitable for families or aimed at young people. Please keep in mind when planning your event that both weeks of the festival are during the school holidays so we're keen to include events suitable for families with young children. Please consider this when you are organising your events.
To have your event considered for the 2021 festival it must:
- be an event (categories include events, entertainment, performance & film, demos or workshops, talks and seminars, tours and walks, online event & displays and exhibitions)
- be free or offered at a minimal cost
- incorporate the overarching theme of this year’s festival
- incorporate an aspect of learning or awareness of Auckland’s heritage
- be intended primarily for the Auckland Heritage Festival 2021
- be held within the dates of the festival ( 2nd October to 17th October 2021) – if your event falls outside these dates we may not accept it.
Your event must not:
- promote the contributor’s business
- generate financial benefit for the contributors
- promote a political agenda.
At the end of the festival you need to give us an accurate report of the number of people who attended your event.
Due to the number of events, we can't guarantee that all your event information will go in the printed guide. We will direct people to the website for full information.
Information required within the submission form
Please make sure you have all of the information listed below before you fill out this form.
- event name
- event category (workshop/exhibition/entertainment)
- whether your event is new or a repeat
- detailed event description of 150 words or less
- short event description of 20 words or fewer
- event dates and times
- if your event is part of your normal business activity how you will differentiate it for the festival
- if your event has activities for children
- if your event is wheelchair accessible
- if your event has accessible content for visually impaired people
- how much your event will cost to enter
- website and Facebook address if you have them
- high-resolution event image - file size of at least 2MB is recommended.
- contact name
- contact phone number
- contact email address
- organisation name
- whether you want your organisation included with your event listing on the festival website and programme.
Event venue details:
- whether any additional information about bookings is required
- booking contact name, phone number and email address.
Publicity and marketing details:
- whether you want copies of the event guide, editable posters and flyers
- number of programmes you need
- whether you want an outdoor sign
- contact name, address and phone number to courier publicity materials to
- contact name, phone number and email address for media enquiries
- two interesting facts about your event.