Draft Waste Management and Minimisation Plan 2018
Have your say on our proposal for how waste is managed in Auckland
The Auckland Waste Management and Minimisation Plan has been reviewed and we propose to continue working towards our vision of Zero Waste to landfill by 2040.
We will continue to provide a range of services to households and to work with mana whenua, communities, and industry to reduce waste.
What we need your feedback on
The draft plan proposes to:
- Work with the commercial sector to find ways to reduce and divert waste from landfill.
- Prioritise the three largest waste items - construction and demolition, plastic and organic waste.
- Continue to establish community recycling centres.
- Ask central government to introduce container deposit scheme for plastic/glass bottles and cans and product stewardship schemes for hard to dispose products like tyres and e-waste.
- Address the needs of the Hauraki Gulf islands through the Tikapa Moana Hauraki Gulf Islands Draft Waste Plan.
When you can have your say
You can have your say on the Draft Waste Management and Minimisation Plan from 28 February 2018 until 28 March 2018.
You should know
Ngā korero muna - Important privacy information
Your name and feedback to the Waste Management and Minimisation Plan 2018 will be publicly available in Auckland Council reports and online. All other personal details will remain private.